Applying for Ontario disability
f you have a disability and need help with your living expenses, you may be eligible for the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP).
financial assistance to help you and your family with essential living expenses
benefits, for you and your family, including prescription drugs and vision care
help finding and keeping a job, and advancing your career.
To qualify for ODSP income support, you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be an Ontario resident
- be in financial need and
- meet the program’s definition of a person with a disability, or be a member of a Prescribed Class
There are two parts to the application process for income support.
- Part 1 focuses on your financial eligibility.
- Part 2 focuses on determining if you meet the program’s definition of a person with a disability
The two main parts of the Disability Determination Package must be completed by an approved health care professional. These parts are:
- Health Status Report – collects information about your medical condition, its impairments, restrictions and expected duration, as well as your treatments
- Activities of Daily Living Index – collects information about the impact of your impairment on your ability to work, care for yourself and participate in the community
Health care professionals who are approved to complete both the Health Status Report and Activities of Daily Living Index:
- psychological associates
- registered nurses in the extended class
Health care professionals who are approved to complete the Activities of Daily Living Index only:
- occupational therapists
- registered nurses
- social workers
- speech-language pathologists
As you see there are no psychotherapists in this list. So, I as a psychotherapist am not eligible to fill in the documents.
I can see you as a regular patient but if you come only for the document, I may not be helpful here due to regulations.
However please feel free to sign for my services.
Psychology, psychological help, psychotherapy, registered psychotherapist, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, MVA, anger management, online therapy, consulting, Canada, Toronto, Russian, Психология, психологическая помощь, психотерапия, психотерапевт, депрессия, тревожность, панические атаки , проявление гнева, насилие, консультирование, коучинг, скайп, онлайн, Канада, Торонто, русский язык, английский язык, когнитивная терапия, НЛП, медитация, психолингвистика.