Welcome to my Practice
Valery Belyanin is a registered psychotherapist, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario #001594 certified member of OACCPP (the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists).
• Ph.D. (in Psychology of Personality), Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia.
• Bachelor Honours (Psychology), Kaluga State University, Kaluga, Russia.
• Full Doctorate (Psycholinguistics), Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia.
• Philosophy and Social Psychology. Faculty of ongoing education for professors of Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia.
• Ph.D. (Psycholinguistics), Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Moscow, Russia.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Relationship and family issues
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
• Immigrants’ psychological adjustment
• Psycholinguistic predictors of personality traits in speech
• Forensic Psychology, distance profiling
• Eligible for registration in the College of Psychologists of Ontario and for supervised practice in the following areas of competence: Counselling Psychology, Rehabilitation Psychology, and Clinical Psychology (Ontario, Canada). Registration was put on hold.
• Certified member, the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists OACCPP, # 2957-0412 (C).
• Member of Ontario Psychological Association (# 4408)
• Member, Moscow Psychotherapists Academy (Russia)
• Member, Russian Psychological Society (Russia)
Books (in Russian)
* Online Dating: Psychological advice for safe dating. 2016. 145 pp. (in print).
* Dialogues on homo loquens and homo scribens. – St. Petersburg, 2011. – 230 pp. (in coath,. in print).
* Psycholinguistics: A Manual for post-graduate students in linguistics and psychology. – Moscow, Flinta, Nauka, 2008. (4,000 copies)
* Psychological Literary Criticism. – Moscow: 2006. 320 p (2,000 copies).
* Foundations of Psycholinguistic Diagnostics: Models of the World in Fiction. – Moscow, Trivola, 2000: 234 pp. (2,000 copies).
* Introduction to Psychiatric Literary Criticism. // Specimina Philologiae Slavicae, Band 107. Verlag Otto Sagner. – Germany, Munich, 1996: 296 pp.
More than 50 articles in scholarly press and more than 200 articles in mass media.
More than 80 speeches delivered at conferences (Canada, USA, Russia, Taiwan, Cuba, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Uzbekistan, Latvia, Slovakia, Spain).
Supervised 4 PhD students in psycholinguistics, 1 in psychology (Russia), 1 in methodology of teaching (France), 8 M.A. in psycholinguistics (Taiwan).
Received 15 grants for research projects, writing books, and attending conferences.
English (fluent, diploma of interpreter from English into Russian, CLBT 8/8/8/8)
Russian (mother tongue)
Ukrainian, Belorussian, Bulgarian (reading).
Questions and answers
What can I expect in the first session when I see a therapist?
Aliquam erat volutpat. Morbi volutpat velit ac sem vulputate sollicitudin. Aliquam tincidunt finibus leo, eget suscipit augue eleifend in.
What are the signs of being abused by partner?
Morbi volutpat velit ac sem vulputate sollicitudin. Aliquam tincidunt finibus leo, eget suscipit augue eleifend in. Aliquam erat volutpat.