If you have problems with the law I may try to help you. In order for me to take a decision whether I will be able to help you or not I need to get a written description of what has happened. Please find two or three hours and write down (type) what has happened to you. The document should be at least three pages. Try to help me to understand why are you in conflict with the law at this point of your life. (По-русски тут, но короче).
Everything is confidential (unless you pose a serious threat to yourself or other)
And attach the Report from police (scan of the main document).
“What has happened”
- Your first and last name
- Your date of birth and age
Title of the document
- How I stole sun glasses for $ 12 CAD
- How I killed my neighbour’s dog
- How I argued with my wife (girl friend)
- How I got drunk and drove
- How I tried to run away from a police officer because I thought he was a KGB agent
- anything else
Physical surrounding of the incident
- When did the incident took place (season, date, time, time of the day) – for every incident if there were multiple incidents
- My house / our house
- Someone’s house / his or her house
- Street / Outdoors
- Transportation / Premises
The object of your actions
- The person’s name, age, gender, ethnicity, culture
- Animal (breed)
- Child (age, capacity)
What is the relation of the other person to you
- Close person / friend
- Significant other
Where does that person live / works
- In your house / in his or her house
- in the street
- I have no idea
Relations with the object of your actions
- irregular / occasional
- that person is a law enforcement officer
- none / I never saw that person before
- someone else
What were the relations before the incident(s)
- intimate / close
- no relations at all
What kind of person are you?
- Did you have problems with the law before? If yes, what kind of problems?
- Have you been charged with similar offence before?
- Have you ever done that before in a different or same way?
- What is your temper? What is your personality?
- Do you have any addictions?
- Do you use drugs? (What kind of drugs?)
- Were you on drugs at the time of offense?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you drink? How much? (occasionally, socially, extensively)?
- Do you have mental health issues? If yes, have you been diagnosed with a mental health illness? (when, what is the diagnosis)
- What is your highest level of education?
- What do you do for living?
- How satisfied are you with you job?
- What kind of a citizen you are?
- What is your self-identification (nationality/ethnicity/race/culture/etc.)?
- Did you have a hard life in childhood, in youth?
- What are your values?
- How do your values correspond with what you did / what is incriminated to you?
What has really happened?
- Were you under the influence of any substance?
- Whose rights were violated?
- What was the damage?
- Were you injured?
- Were your rights violated?
Did you do this…
- under the influence of substance
- because you did not control yourself
- because you were not thinking about consequences?
- Who called the police?
- Who, when and how interfered in the relations? (how many police officers, when)
- Did the police use hand cuffs?
- Where you taken to the police station?
- Was the restraining order issued? What is said there? (Please attach the scan of the document).
- Does police consider you being dangerous?
- Were you bailed out of jail?
What does Criminal Code say about the offense?
- What article of Criminal Code describes that offense?
- Have you read it?
- What is the minimum and maximum punishment for this offense?
- When was the lawyer summoned?
- Please provide name, address and contact number or email of the lawyer. Form 14 may be needed later
- What does the lawyer say about the possible punishment?
- What does the lawyer think about this incident?
- What are the lawyer’s recommendations (regarding psychotherapy): why does the lawyer think you need psychotherapy?
- What kind of document does the lawyer need from me? (how many pages, of what content)?
- How many sessions did the lawyer recommend?
- Do you have any document from the lawyer? (please scan and send to me)
Very important questions
Be sure to answer the following questions:
- What and when went wrong?
- What preceded that incident?
- What is it in that person (object) that triggers your behaviour?
- What was the aim of your actions? What did you intend to achieve? What was the emotion behind it?
- Were you not afraid of being caught?
- Why happened what happened?
- What you personally did wrong?
- What do you think about the incident?
- What do you feel about the incident?
- Who is to blame for the incident?
- What part of responsibility is on your side?
- What would you do differently if you had a chance?
- What do you think you may need to change in your behaviour – in yourself?
- What may be the plan for introducing changes in you?
- What is the likelihood of happening something like this again?
- How can you prove that there will be no relapse?
Please send me the answers to these questions (your narrative) and I will consider your case without any obligations from my side.
Once again: All information is confidential.
Download the form What happened